A conservatory can be your escape from the outside world. You can use it as a place for gathering with friends, your home office space or just like a sanctuary where you can sit and relax with a book in your hands. Like every other place in your home, it needs regular cleaning and maintaining. But how to clean a conservatory roof inside without ruining your furniture and have long lasting results? Shiny Window Cleaning will share with you some secrets for maintaining it clean and shiny because cleaning a conservatory roof from the inside can be a difficult task and even dangerous if you don’t “investigate” the whole process in the beginning.
What can I use to clean my conservatory roof on the inside?
The best way to clean a conservatory roof depends on the cleaning equipment you have and the height of your conservatory. There are a lot of conservatory cleaning kits around the web which you can order or you can just grab all the tools you need from the local store. Here is a list with the window cleaning tools you have to have:
- Water fed pole/Extendable Pole
- Soap dispenser
- Soft brush head and squeegees
- Hose adaptor
- A ladder
- Some old sheets/ Oilcloth
- Microfiber Cloth
Cleaning a conservatory glass roof from the inside – the process
- Prepare all the cleaning equipment. Gather all the glass cleaning equipment you’ll need and place it near the conservatory – good preparation is half of the work and having your tools close to you is essential.
- Cover the floor and all furniture with a sheet or oilcloth. When cleaning your conservatory windows from the inside make sure to protect your furniture first. The soapy water can ruin your wooden floor, shelves or any kind of household belongings, so you either need to move them away or cover them up. The best protection material is oilcloth because it does the job and you can buy the cheapest one and reuse it in the future.
- Boil some water – the best way to clean your conservatory windows is with purified water. Of course, not everyone has a water purifying system but there is a way to purify the water you’ll be using – boil it for 10 or 15 minutes and leave it to cool off. The process will kill most of the germs and will eliminate all streaks making particles which will help to achieve better results.
- Fill your soap dispenser – fill up your soap dispenser with purified water and some liquid soap. You can also use special conservatory cleaning liquid if you want to be fancy like that.
- Inspect the conservatory windows – look closer at your conservatory glass inside and pinpoint all difficult for cleaning spots. You’ll need to give them special attention.
- Prepare alcohol for cleaning if you are a smoker – cigarette smoke can really ruin your windows and make them all yellow. Cleaning it will be a real challenge but with our tips, you’ll manage it just fine..
- Pre-treat the windows if yellow – You may need to pre-treat windows and sills with soapy water and alcohol. First, apply the alcohol then clean with soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly – after you have removed all the dirt and you are satisfied with your conservatory windows, rinse thoroughly with purified water.
- Leave the windows dry on their own – your conservatory windows need to be left to dry naturally as it’ll bring best possible results.
How to clean conservatory roof blinds?
Many of us have blinds in their conservatory which need a regular care as well. You will need:
- A powerful vacuum cleaner
- A ladder
- A feather duster
The process of cleaning your conservatory blinds:
- Cover your furniture with oilcloth or some sheets – you don’t want all the dust and grime to get in your furniture.
- Vacuum your blinds – vacuum your blinds or alternatively use a feather duster to remove all the dust.
- Inspect for dirt spots – If there are any spots on your white conservatory blinds you can use a normal cleaning detergent and a wet cloth to remove them.